Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT ARE WAX MELTS?
- Wax melts are scented pieces of wax that are available in various shapes and sizes. They can be made from numerous types of wax but here at Little Miss Twiggie Twinkles we only use the highest quality Soy wax.
- Wax melts require a wax warmer or wax burner to melt the wax, meaning unlike a candle the wax does not come into direct contact with a naked flame, therefore they are able to release aromas without burning the oils.
- They are safe for the environment and produce super long lasting fragrance for your home and workplace.
HOW DO YOU USE WAX MELTS?
- Place your desired amount of scented wax pieces onto your wax burner.
- Place a lighted 4 hour unscented tealight underneath the well of your burner and begin to enjoy the release of beautiful aromas from the pool of melting wax.
- We recommend burning your soy wax melt pieces for a maximum of four hours at a time. This will prevent your wax burner from over heating and prolong the life of your wax melts.
- Wax melts are also compatible with electric wax burners. They work like your traditional burner but are powered by electric using either a heating element inside the dish, or a bulb inside the body of the burner to melt the wax.
HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU USE WAX MELTS?
- Wax melts can be re-melted until the fragrance has totally disbursed.
HOW LONG DO WAX MELTS LAST FOR?
- Fragrance times can vary depending on the strength and quality of the scent, at Little Miss Twiggie Twinkles we use only high quality fragrance oil and wax to ensure your wax melts are long lasting & great value for money.
- The method in which you melt your wax melts will also have a big impact on how long your melts last for, using a tea light inside a standard wax melt burner will get hotter than an a electric wax burner which is plugged in to a socket & uses either a light bulb within the body of the burner or a heating element within the dish of the burner.
- High heat = more scent but less burn time
- Low heat = less scent but more burn time
ARE WAX MELTS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH / SAFE?
- Little Miss Twiggie Twinkles wax melts are made from soy wax which contains nothing artificial and is non-toxic which benefits both your health and the environment. Some brands may use paraffin wax which can potentially produces benzene and toluene which are both known carcinogens (health hazard’s).
- Correctly made wax melts are completely safe if you follow all the correct precautions.
- These precautions are only minimal and ones that you would most likely take with common candles.
- When compared to something like a candle, soy wax melts are a much safer and cheaper option.
WHAT ARE THE BEST WAX MELTS?
- If your shopping for the best wax melts in UK your in the right place! Little Miss Twiggie Twinkles whole range is carefully hand poured, packed full of fragrance to make sure that they give strong, long lasting scent throw made from only the highest quality of materials.
- Each one is made from a vegetable based soy wax, naturally sauced from soya bean oil. As a result this has many benefits including being extremely environmentally friendly & one hundred percent biodegradable.
WAX MELTS OR CANDLES?
- Wax melts are a cost-effective way to keep your home or workplace smelling amazing. In comparison to most candles, wax melts can be up to 4x cheaper which means you get a lot more for your money.
- You have the freedom to control the intensity of the fragrance using wax melts by adding more or less wax pieces to your burner.
- Using candles can be a fire hazard if left unattended & ones made out off paraffin wax can potentially release harmful toxins, harmful to you & your pets.
WAX BURNER BEST PRACTICES WHEN USING WAX MELTS
- Ensure you do not over fill your burner with wax, we would recommend starting by adding a little wax at a time if you are unsure of the amount of wax the burner can hold, this will reduce the risk of your burner overflowing.
- Wax melts come in various shapes and sizes and are usually very easy to monitor how much you use at one time, meaning you can adapt the strength of the aroma to your scent sensitivity.
- Little Miss Twiggie Twinkles have a lovely range of wax burners available.
HOW TO USE A WAX MELT BURNER?
Place your desired amount of scented wax pieces upon your wax burner.
Place a lighted 4 hour unscented tealight underneath the well of your burner and begin to enjoy the release of beautiful aromas from the pool of melting wax.
We recommend burning your soy wax melt pieces for a maximum of four hours at a time. This will prevent your wax burner from overheating and prolong the life of your wax melts.
Wax melts are also compatible with electric wax burners. They work like your traditional burner but are powered by electric using either a heating element inside the dish, or a bulb inside the body of the burner to melt the wax.
HOW TO CLEAN A WAX BURNER?
Heating method – would be to warm the wax slightly placing a tea light underneath as if you were warming your wax normally but only for approximately 30 seconds to a minute, this will release the outer edge of the wax, put a little pressure on one side of the wax and it will slide out from the well, wipe clean with a paper towel ready for a new piece of wax to be added.
An alternative method would be the cotton wool pad method – With your wax melt fully melted inside the dish and candle blown out simply add the cotton wool pad. Wait till it has soaked up all the wax then remove it, wiping the dish clean with a cloth or paper towel ready for the next piece of wax to be added.
WHEN SHOULD I CLEAN MY BURNER?
You should clean your wax burner each time you change your wax melt weather it be the same scent or a different one. This will ensure every new piece of wax added will release a lovely clean fragrance from within. Some wax scents have heavy oil molecules and can leave a sticky film inside your wax melt dish. When adding a new scented wax melt you don’t really want residue off the old scent altering the new scent.
WHEN SHOULD I CHANGE MY WAX MELT?
The lifetime of your wax will depend on many factors, at Little Miss Twiggie Twinkles we would recommend (based on one cube from our 6 cube wax melt, using a 4 hour tea light), to change your wax melt after the 4th to 6th burn. You may find some scents last longer than others, but you will know to change your wax melt when you no longer can smell the aroma being released from the melted wax.
WHAT KIND OF BURNER DO YOU USE FOR WAX MELTS?
There are two common burner types used for melting wax melts, The standard tealight burners & electric burners
Which method you choose will have a big impact on how long your melts last for, using a tealight inside a standard wax melt burner will get hotter than an a electric wax burner. The electric burner is plugged into a socket & uses either a light bulb within the body of the burner or a heating element within the dish of the burner.
High heat = more scent but less burn time (Traditional tealight method)
Low heat = less scent but more burn time (Electric burner)
ARE WAX MELT BURNERS SAFE?
Used correctly wax burners should be complety safe by following a few precautionary measures.
Ensure to not over fill your burner with wax, we would recommend starting by adding a little wax at a time if you are unsure of the amount of wax the burner can hold, this will reduce the risk of your burner overflowing.
Make sure not to touch your burners while in use, they will become very hot (especially electric burners) & the heated wax can cause burns. Allow the burner to cool completely before handling again.
Never leave any type of wax melt burner unattended whilst in use
Keep your wax melt burners out of the reach of children and pets & away from anything that can catch fire.
ARE WAX MELT BURNERS & OIL BURNERS THE SAME?
Both oil burners & wax burners usually consist of a small dish that will hold the fragrance oil or wax melt pieces. Although some burners are not compatible for both so please ensure you check that it is suitable for either wax or oil before burning.
HOW LONG DO WAX MELTS LAST IN A BURNER?
There are several factors to consider
Type of wax used to make the wax melt (soy wax, beeswax etc..)
Method of burning the wax (tealight burner or electric burner)
Amount of fragrance oil used to make the wax melts
Process of making the wax melts
Size of the wax melt burner
As described in what type of burner do you use for wax melts, tealight burners usually get hotter than electric burners, with high heat comes high fragrance but at the cost of longevity.
How much fragrance oil added used to make the wax melts will have a big impact, adding to much oil will cause the wax & oil to not bond correctly affecting its structure and reducing its scent throw & burn time.
How the wax melts were made will also be a factor, badly made wax melts through not stirring the wax & fragrance oil properly & pouring the wax at the incorrect temperatures will result in the wax melt not lasting as long as they should.
Type of wax used – Regarded as the best Beeswax has shown to hold the longest burn time but is considerably more expensive than other commonly used wax used to produce wax melts. Most wax melt manufacturer’s generally use soy wax for it its ability to work well with fragrance oils & increase the length of burn time.
At Little Miss Twiggie Twinkles we only use high quality soy wax to produce our scented wax melts.
If using a small wax burner the tealight will be closer to the melting pool of wax causing it to burn faster.
CAN YOU USE OIL BURNERS FOR WAX MELTS?
As stated in the question are wax melt and oil burners the same, they are similar in style but you must always check they are compatible with wax as some are not.
What Are Reed Diffusers?
Reed diffusers are composed of a special scented essential oil, the bottle, and the reeds. The reeds are placed into the fragranced oils and packaged with a beautiful and decorative bottle that’s perfect for displaying. Take note that each formula is different, so do take care in checking the ingredients. It’s recommended to avoid products containing parabens and phthalates.
What Are the Functions of a Reed Diffuser?
The primary purpose of a reed diffuser is to distribute the fragrance of the scented essential oils that are used. This method of distributing the scent may be a little different to candles or a regular plug-in diffuser, but it can help in improving the ambience of the home.
On top of that, reed diffusers can also be quite a classy inclusion to a room, especially when the decorative bottles are beautiful and out of the ordinary. It’d be aesthetically pleasing to place the reed diffuser right by the bedside lamp or on the living room coffee table.
How Is a Reed Diffuser Used?
Most reed diffusers usually work the same. The bottle would be uncapped as a couple of reeds are placed into the bottle’s opening. Once the scent is infused into the reeds, they should be flipped afterwards to let the wafts of the fragrance go across the room.
Just four reeds at a time would be enough, especially when using high-quality fibre reeds. However, if you want the fragrance to be more evident across the whole room, you may want to add the number of reeds during use.
How Long Do the Reeds Diffuse?
Unlike with a candle, there’s no need to worry about any flame to put out. Reed diffusers are generally low maintenance, and you could let them diffuse for as long as you’d want them to. The life span of each reed can differ, though.
How long a reed diffuser lasts changes due to a variety of factors. For example, bottles that come with just four or fewer ounces of scented essential oil can go for about 2-3 months. Reed diffusers that are higher in quality and quantity may last longer.
How Will You Benefit from Reed Diffusers?
As implied above, reed diffusers can be advantageous for a person who wants to make their home’s ambience a little lighter and more fragranced. The reed sticks can offer a classy twist in both the scent and the look of your home.
Reed diffusers also eliminate several other worries like fire or increased electricity use when using different ways to distribute scents. It’s friendly for a variety of situations, marking itself as a welcomed and treasured gift.
Got a question we haven’t covered? Check out our blog page or feel free to contact us a firstname.lastname@example.org